Saturday, May 22, 2010

Thing 17

I explored 30 Boxes online calendar. It did require a sign-in, but you can limit the amount of information you want to share (e.g. location, blog urls, and privacy settings etc.), which I liked. I'm usually pretty on top of things date wise...I have a traditional calendar hanging in my kitchen and make lists all the time. The neat thing about the online calendar, however, is that it can be shared with others that are registered for 30 Boxes or it can be placed on blog sites. This could be a way to share important dates with family members and keep up with them as well.

I was initially drawn to the calendar because I thought it may be a possible way for students to keep up with assignments and activities online and for parents to as well. The only issue, however, which seems to be the looming issue, is student access to email.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea. I am glad that you are finding so many useful tools.

    ReplyDelete