Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thing 18



I chose this presentation because I absolutely loved the content! It's what we all try to teach our students...to become active, independent readers who use strategies. It's my number one goal for my students to use these strategies and we work on building these pieces to the puzzle each day. It's an ongoing process as I learn and they learn, but my hope is that with practice the strategies will become more automatic for them as they grow. I also liked that the presentation was straight forward and to the point, without too much clutter.

I think Slideshare would be a beneficial tool for both students and teachers in sharing presentations and lessons. We could pull up a presentation in a classroom, the tech lab, the library etc without searching a flash drive. On another level, I think many good ideas could be generated and "ah ha" moments could be had through searching topics from others in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment