Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thing 22

My wiki is: http://specialed-hodgepodge.wikispaces.com/
It has a very rough start....more information is definitely needed!

I plan to use my wiki this fall as I begin setting student schedules. I think it would be wonderful if general ed. teachers would be able to sign in and see if the times I choose work with specials schedules or are good times in the classroom as well. If they don't work, they would be able to go in to make changes or let me know that there is a time conflict. I also think my hodgepodge wiki space would be a good place to put our gen.ed./sp.ed. meeting information (e.g. meeting times, time changes etc.). Overall, I hope the space would be a good place to go for new information, schedules, or even questions.

Wikis vs. blogs....both are beneficial. I think that wikis are an excellent resource for a group, be it students working on a project, reflecting, editing or teachers planning, scheduling, researching etc. In other words, I can see wikis being beneficial where outside input is needed and a necessary part of the process. Blogs, are usually one person orientated. One individual is sharing and others can respond, but they aren't able to edit the entry.

I really need to make sure I experiment with my wiki this summer because I would really like to be able to try it out this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment