Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thing 20

As I mentioned in Thing 19, I am not that familiar with using podcasts. As a result, I actually had some difficulties with subscribing. I have an Mp3 player, but it is not an ipod, so iTunes is foreign to me. With the unfamiliarity, I have taken into account the positives, but I have also heard negative stories about the iTunes application. Due to these stories, I wanted to stay away from downloading the program onto my home computer. I was going to try the bloglines route and hit a road block when I realized that I needed some form of a player to play podcasts. Eventually, I successfully (with help) downloaded the podcast aggregator, Juice, and subscribed to the LD podcast found on Podcast Alley. I like Podcast Alley because it gives the option to search for specific topics. What I did notice, however, from trial and error, is that some podcasts did not actully have any podcasts to play, or I received error messages when clicking subscribe to this podcast. This thing is definitely something I need to feel more comfortable with and gain more experience with.

No comments:

Post a Comment